Search

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sep. 21st-22nd

September 21st  
Today, Erin has to work, so she drops me off at Hotel Basayayamamura, where I spend the entire day snorkeling, fishing, and napping in my own little bunk.  
My bunk
View from bunk


I caught a needle fish on my first cast, some trigger fish on another couple casts, and then some fish I couldn’t identify.  Snorkeling through these reefs is not helping my itch to buy an underwater camera.  Erin comes to pick me up after work and brings dinner.  We swam, ate, and watched the sun go down.  This place is paradise. 

September 22nd
Erin has to work again, but Kyle is flying in today and I get to pick him up.  I take him to lunch at the place Erin took me, and then to the beach where we snorkel and find some of the best reefs I’ve ever seen.  After sunbathing for a while, we decide to take another dip in the water before going to the house.  Entering the water, Kyle asks if that’s a snake in the water, and it turns out to be some black and white sea snake.  I think this is when we realize it’s time to leave. 
Our big surprise of the day, is an enkai being thrown for Erin, by her coworkers.  We eat, drink, and get crazy.  
Bromance...and creepers in the back

Erin drops a chopstick and everyone begins yelling, ‘Erin!  What are you doing!!?’  They start calling me Mike Piazza…wow, I absolutely never expected that one!  It’s nonstop the rest of the night.  I find other ‘Bromances’ with these guys and they all want me to stay.  I want to stay.  Why can’t I be on an island?  Please, please, please…sign this petition to allow me to stay on this gorgeous island!



We, of course, find ourselves at a karaoke bar with nomihodai (all you can drink) and go crazy with tambourines.  Crazy pictures walking down the street, Erin climbs a papaya tree, and somehow we find our beds.
Epic Gaijin Poses

No comments:

Post a Comment