Search

Friday, September 3, 2010

August 30th-September 1st

August 30th
Today, I was tired.  I had no energy.  It was a dull day at work and I just studied hiragana and common phrases we learned at KAPIC.  The internet guy came over to ‘install’ my already working internet, and didn’t know how I got it to work.  So, I’m pretty sure I just paid him to come over to stare at my modem for 15 minutes before he left and didn’t even touch anything.  I went to Taiko practice tonight and met another member of the group.  It turns out she can speak a decent amount of English and we discover that Go!Go!7188 is both our favorite Japanese band.  She freaked out that an American liked them and began drilling me with questions.  Shortly after, they find out my birthday is not far away, and they plan a ‘surprise’ birthday party for me for the next practice.  I just met her 2 hours ago and she’s planning a birthday party for me?  I still don’t know what to expect out here.  We talked for hours, only practiced a routine twice, but swapped tons of information.

August 31st
Work was the same today.  I found out my school schedule and where they were all located on maps.  I went to the beach after work and tried to surf…no go.  Brought out my new fishing pole, caught a little crab, and used it as bait.  The surf was a bit too much and I didn’t get anything.  Hopefully some other time it’ll be better conditions for it.  I got home and started cooking some haaambaaagaaaa (how you pronounce hamburger in Japanese).  I forgot to mention that this was my favorite word during KAPIC, and continues to be to this day.  I created a blog today and finally started uploading this journal and some pictures.  Yeah...boring couple of days here.



September 1st
Today there was nothing to do until lunch time.  After lunch, I just drove to all my schools to make sure I knew how to get to them.  That’s it, that was my day.  I was paid to drive through the country side and listen to Dr. Dog.  Pretty cool, huh?  Tomorrow, I have my first day of teaching and am excited.  I am finishing my posters for the schools, so the kids can see where I’m from and what I like to do.  I was sure to include Go!Go!7188, Evangelion, and Hikaru Itada on there.  Hopefully they won’t make too much fun of me.  Well, I have a lot to do tonight, so I’m going to finish this entry.  I’m sure tomorrow will bring much more entertainment than my last two days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment